Winter Tangerine! :) November 10-20th

Community, Readings and Events, Uncategorized

This November, I am proud to be presenting at Open by Riot Laughter—archiving the resistance, divestment & transcendence of gender It’s a workshop by Winter Tangerine for trans/gender non-conforming writers. I am super excited! My talk will be called: “Where Are You Pointing That Flash?” and will discussing  we position ourselves relative to our work. My lecture will […]

November 8, 2018

The Social Face of Buddhism–October 6

Community

This past October, I had the pleasure of addressing the Southern Buddhist Conference. I was asked to talk about my experiences as a transgender person who also has roots in the Buddhist church. As I get older, I find my ties to my past become not stronger, but more evident. As the world washes away […]

October 7, 2018

PCC was a lot of fun!

Community, Readings and Events

So last Thursday, I visited Pasadena to speak at PCC as the Visiting API Scholar. Thank you to Kirsten Ogden and Mikage Kuroki for their warmth and hospitality. Whenever I combine API and queer experiences, I notice such an outpouring of sharing and support from people who find themselves juggling identities from one community to […]

May 17, 2018

Meanwhile, Elsewhere :)

Books and Publications, Community

I got this in the mail recently: “MEANWHILE ELSEWHERE just won the American Library Association Stonewall Book Awards Barbara Gittings Literature Award!!! This is a mouthful but I think it’s basically is the top LGBTQ fiction/poetry award they give out. Which means: THIS IS HUGE. And as a result your work will probably end up […]

March 6, 2018