Interview with Trans Heroines <3

Community, Interviews

“This blog is about women that are my everyday inspirations. I interviewed 437 women that radiate with wisdom, beauty, intelligence and love. The blog is about women that proved to me that there is hope for me and it is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you […]

September 27, 2017

Novel Writing

Community, Random Thoughts at 3 AM

Hi! It’s been kind of grindy these past few months. Except for some very close friends, I’ve been working on this novel. There were a lot of personal matters that sort of swallowed me up over the past two years, but they are finally clearing up. But now the novel is calling me full-force. It’s […]

September 17, 2017

Lambda Lit Fest! March 10

Community, Readings and Events

I have been a little behind on the posts. But, Lambda Literary has been working very hard on its first literary festival, right here in Los Angeles. Today, I have the honor of sitting on a panel with Bernard Cooper, D’Lo, Wendy C. Ortiz, Claudia Rodríguez and Terry Wolverton. “In many ways, California has been the leader in the nation for LGBTQ rights, […]

March 11, 2017

Thank you so much to UMass Amherst

Community, Readings and Events

Last month I had the honor of visiting UMass Amherst to inaugurate their trans speakers series! 🙂 I had a wonderful time speaking with different classes on issues of gender, postcolonialism, queer theory, and writing practice. I watched the autumn leaves change. I had an impromptu sushi lunch, and met some awesome people! Here’s the […]

November 23, 2016

Day 3 10:02AM: Online Teaching and Sharing

Community, Travel

I teach online. And today, before I head out to do more queer work, I am reading a stack of essays from my students. Not really a stack. A virtual stack. I am thinking though, of how this conference, is also trying to define itself in a different type of virtual way. What makes a […]

June 27, 2016